Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pase Rock Interview: SXSW 2010 - NUJABES


How did you begin your music career?


Trying to figure out how to scratch, emulating Jam Master Jay.
What and who are your influences?

Early rap, James Brown, Prince, Miles Davis, Malcolm X, Nikki Giovanni, Iceberg Slim.

What can you tell me about your name, Pase Rock?

I used to write PASE as a youngin' and my good friend Nujabes added the Rock permanently when he put my first record out.

What's your biggest vice?

Probably women.

What's in your SXSW survival kit?

Sleep.

Who was your first celeb crush?

Either Diana Ross, Daisy Duke or Lisa Bonet.

What's your musical guilty pleasure?

I don't really have any. The closest would be Jamiroquai. I am only slightly ashamed of liking it but not really.

Continue here................ NUJABES

No comments:

Post a Comment